For the past year, we at Hands On Media Education have been busy designing and delivering engaging, creative and effective Digital and Media Literacy workshops for teachers, students and organizations across Canada (and even a workshop tour through New Orleans!). We have set the bar high for hands-on media education training and experiences, and as a result, we have seen an increase in demand for production-based media literacy workshops at all levels.
Teachers and organizations need Hands On Media to more effectively integrate technology into their classroom, staff training and public programs; Hands On Media is excited to grow, to learn, and to reach our potential.
It was one year ago that Hands On Media Education was born, and we feel now is a perfect opportunity to highlight a few key landmarks:
- On the road we delivered Media Education workshops to hundred of students and teachers throughout Haida Gwaii, Vancouver, Toronto, and New Orleans,
- At home here in Montreal we worked with over a dozen organizations, festivals and schools, delivering workshops to over two hundred participants,
- In July we moved into our new Little Italy office which features a brand new studio equipped with iPad and computer stations where we will be hosting workshops in the very near future,
- In August we hired our very first employee, Jessie Marchessault as Outreach Coordinator who is proving to be an incredible asset already!
In addition to these exciting new stages of growth and development this past year, we are proud to announce a few upcoming projects:
- We will be presenting our work during a session of “Equitalks” October 4th to Montreal and Vancouver staff of Equitas, an incredible international Human Rights Education Organization based in Montreal,
- We are delivering 2 Professional Development Workshops to English Montreal School Board Teachers October 21 & 28th,
- As part of Media Literacy Week Oct. 31-Nov. 4, and in partnership with Media Smarts and kidsCODEjeunesse, we are hosting 2 Media Literacy Week Workshops Nov. 3rd 2016 @ Newton House,
- We will be hosting a public Teacher Digital Storytelling Workshop Nov. 5, (registration will be open soon!)
- In partnership with the Institute for Canadian Citizenship we will be delivering an iPad Stop Motion Animation workshop for Syrian refugees in November @ the McCord Museum,
- In partnership with the Museum of Nature, we will be delivering a series of Digital Storytelling workshops to Inuit students attending Nunavut Sivuniksavut,
- And to end the year, we are heading to South Korea to deliver a series of Language Learning Media Workshops to teacher and students!
We are so excited for all the new opportunities this new future holds for Hands on Mediain the world of education and media, and we look forward to meeting you on this new journey. Send us an email, give us a call, or send us a message on our Facebook page if you are interested in learning how we can bring Media Education into your classroom, workplace or organization.